[Live-devel] urgent need Help.

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sun Feb 4 00:42:15 PST 2007

>Why the CPU utilization of openRTSP program is high. I tested in mips
>processor(400MHZ) it takes about 5-7% of CPU utilization. I need to
>optimize the CPU utilization. I found out that even though there is no
>data transmitted from the rtsp sever. The select() function in do event
>loop doesn't go to sleep.Is the IO mulitiplexing is blocking or non
>blocking mode?. How i can at least optimize the cpu performance coz i am
>running many RTSP Client based on live555 library.

Only you can figure this out, because only you know the details of
your system.  Also, Remember, You Have Complete Source Code.

One point, however: On Windows (especially versions of Windows prior
to XP), the "select()" routine sometimes performs badly.  if you're
running Windows, and are encountering scaling/performance problems,
then you may get better results by running Unix (including Linux)
instead.