[Live-devel] hi all.. Urgent help in trick mode

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Feb 6 12:17:23 PST 2007

This asshole (rishikerala at gmail.com) has now been permanently banned
from ever posting to this mailing list again.  (Don't bother whining
to me to try to get me to change my mind on this - I won't.)  Not
only did this clown rudely post the same question to the list at
least five times, he continued doing so after I'd already answered
his question: It is perfectly OK for network packets - when carrying
Transport Stream data - to contain any integral number of 188-byte
Transport Stream packets - not just 7, and therefore receivers need
to be prepared for this.

I'm baffled by the bizarre sense of entitlement that some people seem
to have about support for this software.  For some reason, the worse
offenders seem to be people with unprofessional 'hobbyist' email
addresses (@gmail.com, @hotmail.com, @yahoo.com, etc.).  If you have
an email address like this, then it's actually *less* likely that I'm
going to answer your questions, because your email address suggests
that you are not a serious professional, and that your project is
just for fun.