[Live-devel] Not able to play RTP multicast mpeg2 video elementary stream using VLC player

Senthil Prabu senthilprabu.vs at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 05:12:51 PST 2007

Hi
I am not able to play RTP multicast mpeg2 video elementary streams using VLC
player using Open Network Stream option when I multicast the mpeg2 video
stream by testMPEG1or2VideoStreamer.

I got the following messages from VLC message q

main debug: creating new input thread
main debug: waiting for thread completion
main debug: thread 3172 (input) created at priority 1
(src/input/input.c:228)
main debug: `udp://@239.255.42.42:8888' gives access `udp' demux `' path
`@239.255.42.42:8888'
main debug: demux2_New: access='udp' demux='' path='@239.255.42.42:8888'
main debug: looking for access_demux module
main debug: probing 0 candidates
main warning: no access_demux module matched "udp"
main debug: access2_New: access='udp' path='@239.255.42.42:8888'
main debug: looking for access2 module
main debug: probing 5 candidates
access_udp debug: opening server=:0 local=239.255.42.42:8888
main debug: net: connecting to ':0 at 239.255.42.42:8888'
main debug: looking for network module
main debug: probing 2 candidates
ipv4 debug: IP_ADD_MEMBERSHIP multicast request
main debug: using network module "ipv4"
main debug: unlocking module "ipv4"
main debug: using access2 module "access_udp"
main debug: pre buffering
access_udp debug: detected MPEG video over RTP
main debug: received first data for our buffer
main debug: prebuffering done 3576 bytes in 0s - 32 kbytes/s
main debug: demux2_New: access='udp' demux='es' path='@239.255.42.42:8888'
main debug: looking for demux2 module
main debug: probing 0 candidates
main error: no demux2 module matched "es"
main error: no suitable demux module for `udp/es://@239.255.42.42:8888'
main debug: unlocking module "access_udp"
main debug: thread 3172 joined (src/input/input.c:290)
But the same stream is playing if I directly open in VLC(without
multicating).

One more thing, testMPEG1or2VideoReceiver is receiving the streamed o/p.

So VLC will support only mpeg2 ts format while it is reading from network
stream?

Can u suggest me some other player which will play this? or give me the
solution.

Thanks