[Live-devel] Not able to play RTP multicast mpeg2 video elementary stream using VLC player

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Feb 7 08:05:03 PST 2007

>Hi
>I am not able to play RTP multicast mpeg2 video elementary streams
>using VLC player using Open Network Stream option when I multicast
>the mpeg2 video stream by testMPEG1or2VideoStreamer.

That's strange.  I'm not sure why that isn't working (because the log
shows that VLC is detecting MPEG video).

I suggest modifying "testMPEG1or2VideoStreamer" to enable its
built-in RTSP server (by uncommenting the line
	#define IMPLEMENT_RTSP_SERVER 1
in "testMPEG1or2VideoStreamer.cpp".  The program will then display a
"rtsp://" URL that you can enter into VLC.  That should work.