[Live-devel] Groupsock, usage environment purpose

#TAY KOON HWEE# TAYK0004 at ntu.edu.sg
Thu Feb 8 08:55:07 PST 2007

Hi guys,

i in the midst of completing my project on h264 streamer. Should be able to share the source code on the framer soon. I writing some documentation now and I need some help on the purposes of groupsock, usage environment etc...

example:
(1)
// Begin by setting up our usage environment:
 TaskScheduler* scheduler = BasicTaskScheduler::createNew();
 env = BasicUsageEnvironment::createNew(*scheduler);

Why do we need to set up a taskscheduler?

(2)
//Create 'groupsocks' for RTP and RTCP:
  Groupsock rtpGroupsock(*env, destinationAddress, rtpPort, ttl);

  Groupsock rtcpGroupsock(*env, destinationAddress, rtcpPort, ttl);

why do we need to create groupsock

(3)
Why do we need to implement the RTSP server?

Can anyone guide me to the answes to the above questions?

Many thanks and regards.

zkunhui