[Live-devel] QuicktimeFileSink changes

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Feb 8 17:08:58 PST 2007

>             I am modifying the QuickTimeFileSink file to include the
>code for using the Quicktime library to save the file.

Because you're changing the functionality of the class, please don't
modify the existing "QuickTimeFileSink" code, otherwise you'll have
problems whenever you download the latest version of the released
code.  Instead, write a new class.

>             Now, I am not sure I understand what you mean by
>"frame". Is that a collection of RTP packets that (minus the RTP
>header) that make up what Quicktime calls a 'sample'?

No, not really.  For video, it's a complete video frame.  For audio,
it's either a collection of audio samples (for things like PCM), or
else a single encoded audio frame (for things like AAC).