[Live-devel] Rgd playing mp3 stream in Linux FC6.

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Feb 12 14:57:24 PST 2007

>Hi,
>   I have installed Helix server in the LAN which is streaming MP3 file.
>I can save the stream into a file using openRTSP test program
>provided with live media library.
>I would like to play the stream directly (e.g. want to hear the
>music) in the Linux fedora core 6 instead of saving it into the file.
>Can you please suggest what kind of modification needed to do in
>openRTSP code to do this?

If your MP3 player application can read from 'stdin', then you don't
need to modify the "openRTSP" code at all.  Instead, just run
	openRTSP -a rtsp://your-url | your-mp3-player-application

Alternatively (and better, IMHO), just run VLC, which will be able to
play the stream (from the "rtsp://" URL) directly.