[Live-devel] fix for stuttering video and audio when streaming an mpeg-2 transport stream

Erwin Beckers e.beckers at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 02:30:39 PST 2007

Hi,

80% of all my mpeg-2 transport files can be streamed very nice with the
live555 sdk
However i noticed that the other 20% produce stuttering audio and video in
VLC.
The VLC messages window shows a lot of 'PTS out of range' errors/warnings

I debugged the library and found out that if i change the following line in
MPEG2TransportStreamFramer.cpp

change this line:
#define TIME_ADJUSTMENT_FACTOR 0.8

to this line:
#define TIME_ADJUSTMENT_FACTOR 0.5

Then all my mpeg-2 transport files stream nicely.
Can anybody explain what exactly this factor does and if my 'fix' is good?

Regards

Erwin Beckers