[Live-devel] presentation time jumps

Engin Kurutepe kurutepe at nue.tu-berlin.de
Fri Feb 16 02:39:45 PST 2007

Dear all,

I am streaming H.264 video from my server to my own client-player.

On the server side, My H264VideoStreamFramer sets the presentation time
to gettimeofday() for the first frame and then increments by
fDurationInMicroseconds for the other frames.

However, the presentation time received by the client is not
monotonically increasing. For my test video of 194 frames, it first
starts with some value about 7500secs and jumps to about 2500 around
80-90th frames. I think this might be caused by RTCP synchronizations.
Is that normal? If it is, what would be the proper way to handle this
behavior in my client?

Thanks,
Engin.