[Live-devel] RTSP ANNOUNCE support?

Skye Poier Nott skye at f4.ca
Thu Feb 22 17:14:15 PST 2007

Hi, great library thank you!!

I'm wondering if there is any support for the RTSP ANNOUNCE method in
the liveMedia library?  I would like to build a lightweight relay
server for QuickTime Broadcaster, something much simpler than Darwin
Streaming Server (or possible inclusion in VLC).

If not, please let me know if this is a feature that would be
appropriate for the library or falls out of the scope of the project,
and where I might start subclassing etc.  Actually this seems to
answer that question:

http://www.live555.com/liveMedia/faq.html#liveInput

I have permission to submit code back to whatever open source
projects that I use in my current work.  I'm likely going to work on
upgrading VLC's use of your libraries to support interleaved RTSP/RTP
over TCP in their Video on Demand (VOD) feature, and I'd also like to
implement RTSP/RTP tunneled over HTTP for NAT traversal for QuickTime
Player.

Below is output of the first request by QTBroadcaster.

Thanks,
Skye

ANNOUNCE rtsp://localhost:8554/mystream.sdp RTSP/1.0
CSeq: 1

v=0
o=- 12 2369617134 IN IP4 127.0.0.0
s=QuickTime
c=IN IP4 127.0.0.1
t=0 0
a=x-qt-text-nam:TITLE
a=x-qt-text-cpy:COPYRIGHT
a=x-qt-text-aut:AUTHOR
a=x-qt-text-inf:INFO
a=range:npt=now-
m=audio 6970 RTP/AVP 96
b=AS:8
a=rtpmap:96 mpeg4-generic/8000/1
a=fmtp:96 profile-level-id=15;mode=AAC-
hbr;sizelength=13;indexlength=3;indexdeltalength=3;config=1588
a=mpeg4-esid:101
a=control:trackid=1