[Live-devel] DynamicRTSPServer is not part of the LIVE library.

xcsmith at rockwellcollins.com xcsmith at rockwellcollins.com
Fri Jan 5 13:00:11 PST 2007

I am working on an RTSP server which is inherited from DynamicRTSPServer (I
had to change some things from private to protected).  I ran into trouble
linking my new class, and eventually discovered this was because
DynamicRTSPServer.o is not in put into the live555 library when the library
is built.    Because DynamicRTSPServer is a class which is used much like
RTSPServer in the mediaServer application, should DynamicRTSPServer.cpp /
.hh go into the liveMedia and liveMedia/include folders and be built as
part of the library?  It seems to me that programs besides mediaServer
might want create objects of the DynamicRTSPServer class.   (Maybe I have
no reason to inherit from it other than to show that my server is the same
kind of server, and I should just write a stand alone.)

Thanks for considering!

Xochitl