[Live-devel] How to calculate a packet's duration in milliseconds for VOB format video?

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Jan 11 10:00:08 PST 2007

>I want to streaming a VOB file(stereo MPEG1Layer2
>Audio with MPEG2 video) in one RTP Stream,

No, you don't want to do this - at least, if you want any standard
client to be able to play your stream.

Instead, stream audio and video as separate RTP streams.  Because
your VOB file contains MPEG-1 audio (rather than AC-3), it is just a
regular MPEG Program Stream, and can be streamed using the existing
"LIVE555 Media Server" (if you rename the file so that its name ends
with ".mpg"), or "testOnDemandRTSPServer" (if you rename the file as
"test.mpg").  You won't need to write any new code at all.