[Live-devel] How to calculate a packet's duration in milliseconds for VOB format video?

Sean yunjnz at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 11 03:01:46 PST 2007

Greetings,

I want to streaming a VOB file(stereo MPEG1Layer2
Audio with MPEG2 video) in one RTP Stream,
It seems that all the packets are 2048 bytes with a
beginning of 0x000001BA,
and I want to transfer one packet each time,
Can you help me for how to calculate each packet's
duration in milliseconds?
I've tried to use the gap between the next packet's
timestamp and the current packet's timestamp,
and divide 45000(as the same as the TS format),
but when I use my client to play the stream, it isn't
continuous,
and I can confirm that the vob file can be played
normally by the client.

Thanks a lot,
Sean