[Live-devel] Avoid openning files when creating sdp format

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Jan 12 10:17:43 PST 2007

>Yes, I am streaming from multiple live sources. And I've set the
>variable to True. I've created a class inherited from framedSource
>for receiving live sources. When a client, say for Real Player
>connect to the server, I found that an instance of my class is being
>constructed and destructed for getting frame, then it is recreated
>for rtp streaming.

If you have "reuseFirstSource" set to True, then yes, the input
source class will be created/destroyed several times.  However, it
will be *read from* only once at a time - no matter how many clients
have simultaneously requested playing the stream.

Therefore, you need to modify your input class so that it can be
created/destroyed several times, without affecting the actual
underlying data source