[Live-devel] RTP player in browser

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Jan 17 09:22:23 PST 2007

>Both possibilities are working:
>-openrtsp address
>-openrtsp - t address

OK, that shows that you don't have a firewall problem, and that
(instead) some problem with your Java RTSP client is preventing
incoming RTP/UDP packets from being received.

>Please correct me, if i'm wrong: It doesn't matter if my Java client
>is receiving over TCP or UDP, because LIVE srvr automaticaly
>switches between those protocol...? Or i must send some information
>to srvr to tell him to switch between UDP or TCP???

No, the choice of receiving RTP-over-UDP or RTP-over-TCP is made by
the client, in the RTSP "SETUP" operation.  See the RTSP
specification.

Unfortunately, because you're not using our code to develop your RTSP
client, we can't give you a whole lot of help (as I'm not an expert
on Java, and don't know much about the JMF).  Sorry.