[Live-devel] [Fwd: Re: trick mode index files: x86 and ppc]

Daniel Robbins drobbins at fsmlabs.com
Wed Jan 17 09:50:49 PST 2007

bumping this back over to the list...

Hi Ross,

This patch does fix the problem, and the test indexing program runs
correctly on PowerPC and generates an scaled output .ts file that is
valid and can be played back. However, there *may* be some lingering
issue as the .tsx files generated on x86 and ppc still don't have
identical md5sums, even though everything seems to work:

# cmp out.tsx ppc-out.tsx
out.tsx ppc-out.tsx differ: char 3010036, line 9315

As you can see, the binary difference appears about 3MB into the file.
The index files are around 8MB total.

Let me know if you think there is still an outstanding issue or not.

Regards,

Daniel