[Live-devel] Enquire about using LIVE555 for video monitor

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Jan 22 01:16:13 PST 2007

>Hi there, my name is Frank, I found LIVE555 media server on internet
>and it could be fit for my gra-duate program. However, I get some
>problem with modifying that. Since the current video source for  the
>lib is a file (maybe *.mpg or *.mp4) physically, but my one is
>embedded video monitor, therefore I have to replace the file by a
>real-time video source, like a SDRAM (getting data from a encode
>chip). So I'll be glad to be notified if there are some online
>resources to help me solve this problem. Thanks.

Please read the "LIVE555 Streaming Media" FAQ:
<http://www.live555.com/liveMedia/faq.html>, and, in particular
	http://www.live555.com/liveMedia/faq.html#liveInput
and
	http://www.live555.com/liveMedia/faq.html#liveInput-unicast

You will probably find that one of the demo applications - e.g.,
"testOnDemandRTSPServer" - will be a better starting point for your
application than the "LIVE555 Media Server".