[Live-devel] streaming live channels

Alex Antropoff alant at transtelecom.md
Tue Jan 23 14:23:22 PST 2007

On Tue, Jan 23, 2007 at 09:06:00AM -0800, Ross Finlayson wrote:
RF> >Hello, I need in simple rtsp server which will streams
RF> >live channels from encoders(they send using multicast).
RF> >I have sdp for each channel, what I have to modify in mediaServer's code ?
RF>
RF> I don't recommend modifying the "LIVE555 Media Server" code for this.
RF> Instead, use one of the "test*Streamer" demo applications (in the
RF> "testProgs" directory).  These already stream via multicast.  Also,
RF> please read the FAQ for guidance on how to modify these applications
RF> to use a live input source.
Hmm. May be I incorrectly describe my task...
I have some encoders(vlc), they do transcoding of video streams and send them
using multicast(H263/H264+AAC).
Each encoder generate it's own sdp.

I need in rtsp server which will get source from encoders and send it via
unicast to rtsp clients(mobiles).
As I understand from testOnDemandRTSPServer.cpp,
I must make own xxxMediaSubsession.cpp, f.e. SDPFileMediaSubsession.cpp, which
will parse SDP, make 1 or 2 Groupsock objects etc.

--
Regards,
Alex Antropoff