[Live-devel] streaming live channels

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Jan 23 15:44:29 PST 2007

>Hmm. May be I incorrectly describe my task...
>I have some encoders(vlc), they do transcoding of video streams and send them
>using multicast(H263/H264+AAC).
>Each encoder generate it's own sdp.
>
>I need in rtsp server which will get source from encoders and send it via
>unicast to rtsp clients(mobiles).

This seems ridiculously complex.  It's silly to have your encoder
stream via multicast, only to have this multicast traffic received by
another application that then streams via unicast.

Instead, just have your encoder feed directly (e.g., using a pipe,
via stdout/stdin) to a LIVE555 RTSP server application.