[Live-devel] streaming live channels

Alex Antropoff alant at transtelecom.md
Tue Jan 23 16:57:22 PST 2007

On Tue, Jan 23, 2007 at 03:44:29PM -0800, Ross Finlayson wrote:
RF> >Hmm. May be I incorrectly describe my task...
RF> >I have some encoders(vlc), they do transcoding of video streams and send them
RF> >using multicast(H263/H264+AAC).
RF> >Each encoder generate it's own sdp.
RF> >
RF> >I need in rtsp server which will get source from encoders and send it via
RF> >unicast to rtsp clients(mobiles).
RF>
RF> This seems ridiculously complex.  It's silly to have your encoder
RF> stream via multicast, only to have this multicast traffic received by
RF> another application that then streams via unicast.
Encoders runs dynamically,allowing load-balancing on >1 host, becides that
now I have to use different rtsp servers, because some mobiles use
custom sdp format in DESCRIBE. Sometimes one multicast stream used by different
rtsp servers.

RF> Instead, just have your encoder feed directly (e.g., using a pipe,
RF> via stdout/stdin) to a LIVE555 RTSP server application.
RF> --
Direct feed will limit me to have one host for
encoding and streaming.

--
Regards,
Alex Antropoff