[Live-devel] How to get the Mpeg4 byte Data?

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Jan 24 07:13:29 PST 2007

>I'm not trying to reinvent i'm just trying to develop an utility to
>test some of the camera and there quality of service.
>
>I have to test mpeg4, H.264 as well as MJPEG formats, the total no
>of bytes recieved , packet loss, video loss etc.

That's not what you said before.  Before you said "Currently I'm
working on developing a windows based viewer for AXIS camera which
support RTSP protocol".  If that's the case, use VLC.  If, instead,
you want to test/measure a RTSP/RTP stream, without actually playing
it, then use "openRTSP".  Two different applications, for two
different purposes...

>I would also like to know whther openrtsp is capable of handling
>MJPEG formats on http protocol.

No.  "openRTSP" uses the RTSP protocol (not HTTP).

>Senior System Analyst
>Omeon Solutions

Then why do you use a toy email address?  No credible company uses
"GMail" for its professional communications.

If you want to be taken seriously, then use a real email address (not
"@gmail.com", "@hotmail.com", "@yahoo.com", etc.).  This applies to
everyone on this mailing list, BTW.