[Live-devel] Streaming MPEG4 Files

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Jan 24 13:53:18 PST 2007

>I am trying to use the program live555MediaServer to stream a mpeg4 file
>"test.m4e" to VLC client. But I get the following errors on client side:
>
>ffmpeg warning: cannot decode one frame (1122 bytes)
>ffmpeg warning: header damaged
>  (mpeg4 at 0x8ea0c00)

Are you *sure* that your file is a MPEG-4 Elementary Stream Video
file?  (Hint: If your file originally had a file name ending with
".mp4", ".m4v" or ".mov", then it is almost certainly *not* a MPEG-4
Elementary Stream Video file.)

If you are sure that your file really is a MPEG-4 Video Elementary
Stream, then please put it on a web server and post its URL to the
list, so we can take a look at it.