[Live-devel] about ts server trickmode(PMT_PID not same)

zhang shawn yannanfei79 at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 24 16:50:46 PST 2007

hi,
   I test my STB trickmode performance with live555 media server.
   And I find that,when trickmode(server create a .tsx file with
MPEG2TransportStreamIndexer),server send a PAT section which's PMT_PID is
different from the original PAT'PMT_PID.I read code,maybe it's a default
value--0X10.
   So,if my client just parse PAT once,it will save the original PMT_PID
form the first PAT,it will not parse the trickmode PAT,so will not continue
play out.
   I don't know,why don't server get the original TS file's PMT_PID, and
reuse it in trickmode?Because many cases,we have only one programes in
ts'file.
   thx,
                                                       Shawn zhang