[Live-devel] Delay in streaming

Tay Koon Hwee zkunhui at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 24 17:03:01 PST 2007

Hi guys,

I am currently using MPEG2 -TS to stream video encoded using H.264. However,
I experienced long delay at the receiver (approx 30sec). The encoder was
unlikely to be the casue of the delay as we had set it to the bare minimum
and to a profile which supported low delay for real time.

It was suspected the delay was virtual (livemedia buffer) as the vlc
reported that the frames are delivered late. Bandwidth should not be the
problem as we used a wireless router to stream directly from pc to pc.

Did anyone experience this problem before? Please advise.

Many thanks in advance.

zkunhui