[Live-devel] about ts server trickmode(PMT_PID not same)

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Jan 24 17:19:08 PST 2007

>hi,
>    I test my STB trickmode performance with live555 media server.
>    And I find that,when trickmode(server create a .tsx file with
>MPEG2TransportStreamIndexer),server send a PAT section which's PMT_PID is
>different from the original PAT'PMT_PID.I read code,maybe it's a default
>value--0X10.
>    So,if my client just parse PAT once,it will save the original PMT_PID
>form the first PAT,it will not parse the trickmode PAT,so will not continue
>play out.

You should fix your client to parse the PAT, whenever it appears.  As
far as I know, it is perfectly legal for the PMT_PID to change within
a Transport Stream, as long as this change is noted in a PAT.

>    I don't know,why don't server get the original TS file's PMT_PID, and
>reuse it in trickmode?

This would require a change to the index file format, and is not
something that we plan to do.

>Because many cases,we have only one programes in
>ts'file.

As I noted above, it is legal for the PMT_PID to change within a
stream.  (Even if our server were modified not to do this, then other
servers might still do it.  So your client should check for it
regardless...)