[Live-devel] ServerMediaSession.patch

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sat Jan 27 06:22:53 PST 2007

>attached is patch for ServerMediaSession which:
>a) enables user-level control of trackNumber for ServerMediaSubsession.

I won't be adding this feature, because it is both unnecessary
(what's wrong with the current behavior; the user shouldn't care what
track numbers the RTSP server uses?), and dangerous (it doesn't
prevent duplicate track numbers).

>b) allows to remove ServerMediaSubsession.

Can you give an example of a realistic situation where you might want
to do this?  (This feature doesn't seem totally unreasonable, but I'm
not convinced that is useful enough to add.)

>c) allows to overwrite 's=' 'i=' during SDP generation process.

Can you explain why you need this?  In the current code,
"ServerMediaSession::generateSDPDescription()" is called only by the
RTSP server (to implement the RTSP "DESCRIBE" command).  How would it
be possible/appropriate to pass a "info" and/or "description"
parameter to the call to "generateSDPDescription()" at this point?
Do you have some other situation in mind where you want to call
"generateSDPDescription()"?