[Live-devel] ServerMediaSession.patch

Andrew Voznytsa andrew.voznytsa at gmail.com
Sat Jan 27 12:25:00 PST 2007

Ross Finlayson wrote:
> Although it's going to be a little bit awkward in your case, you
> should be able to handle any changes to your "ServerMediaSession"
> state by simply removing the existing "ServerMediaSession" object,
> and then creating a new one (adding new "ServerMediaSubsession"
> objects as appropriate).  If you do this, you won't need any of the
> three changes to the "ServerMediaSession" code that you're
> requesting.  Therefore, I don't feel that this motivates changing the
> existing code at this time.  Sorry.

Sorry for disturbing you again - I'd propose another solution:

a) I'll leave addSubession() as it is
b) removeSubsession(), after removing desired subsession, will reassing
track numbers for rest of subsession's (I'll send new patch if we agree).
c) It is not possible to solve my problem as you propose, removing
exisint session and creating a new one, because in my case it is
possible to change source of live content on the fly, in run time,
without stopping streaming. Therefore there is only one possible way to
update s=/i= - generate new SDP as I proposed before.

P.S.
What about RTPSink::rtpmapLine() - will you make it virtual?

--
Best regards,
Andrew Voznytsa