[Live-devel] ServerMediaSession.patch

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sat Jan 27 15:50:21 PST 2007

>c) It is not possible to solve my problem as you propose, removing
>exisint session and creating a new one, because in my case it is
>possible to change source of live content on the fly, in run time,
>without stopping streaming. Therefore there is only one possible way to
>update s=/i= - generate new SDP as I proposed before.

The best solution here would be to add - to "ServerMediaSession" -
new member functions to allow changing the "info" and "description"
strings.  These will be easy to do, and I'll probably add them at
some point (perhaps in time for the next software release).

However, I still don't see much motivation for adding a member
function to remove "ServerMediaSubsession" objects from a
"ServerMediaSession" so I'm not going to add complexity to the code
by doing this anytime soon (if its only purpose is to make one
hobbyist project a little easier).

(BTW, I don't understand why you're dealing with the Darwin Streaming
Server at all.  We have a perfectly good RTSP server implementation
(that uses the "ServerMediaS(ubs)ession" objects that you're
creating), so you should just use that.  In any case, if you really
want to relay through a Darwin Streaming Server, then you could use
our "DarwinInjector" class (and note the "*Darwin*" test programs
that use this).)