[Live-devel] Mpeg 2 ts trickplay

ved kpl ved.kpl at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 00:31:37 PST 2007

Hi

I have some questions regarding the mpeg 2 ts trickplay.
Whenever a pause, or rewind or a forward is issued, i
read the last I frame that was sent from an I frames file.
(i separate out the I frames as ts packets are sent).
Generate the ts packets and stream them.
Ok, sounds fine till this point (i hope).
NOW, when in normal streaming the PCR difference
is abt 33 ms. But when in trickplay ,i insert any random PCR value
at the start (and also set the discontinuity indicator) and increment ithe
PCR by 40 ms (mpeg2,frame rate = 25)
for every i frame.
So PCRs are present only at the start of every I frame. They never come in
between.
I m streaming it to an amino set up box. It's working fine.
I would like to know whether it is efficient.
And regarding pause, i keep on sending same frame . is this fine too?
I pipe the output of my program to live555 mpeg2tsFramer, basic udpsink.

regds