[Live-devel] RTSP source for VDR

odjosc at free.fr odjosc at free.fr
Mon Jan 29 07:00:00 PST 2007

Hello,

I'm currently developping a plugin for VDR (please see www.cadsoft.de/vdr/ for
more info) to add a new source (e.g. input device). As my FAI is providing
TV-broadcast through a RTSP server, I'm working on such interface with the help
of LiveMedia library.

Although I read many (tons ;-)) of documentation/sources on the subject, I'm
currently stuck here :

I need to get a file descriptor (socket num for example) which will provide me
with the stream data (TS format) and only this one. The stream provided by my
FAI contains only one subsession, identified by openRTSP test program as
video/MP2T. I dig into documentation, test programs and VLC/MPlayer source code
to figure how to achieve this without success. Here is what I did :

1- Create a new RTSPClient object
2- Open the URL and get the SDP description
3- Send an OPTIONS command to see which one are accepted by server
4- Create a media session from SDP description
5- Create RTP receivers for each subsession (well, only one here)
6- Issue a playMediaSession() call

Steps 1-6 seem to work OK, even the last playing call but I don't know how to
get the TS data through a file descriptor.

I tried to read thru RTSPClient::socketNum but got no data at all. If I directly
try via subsession->rtpSource()->RTPgs()->socketNum(), I get some data which
don't seem to be TS stream...

Any idea on this ?

Thanks in advance,
Olivier.