[Live-devel] RTSP source for VDR

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Jan 29 16:26:40 PST 2007

>I'm currently developping a plugin for VDR (please see www.cadsoft.de/vdr/ for
>more info) to add a new source (e.g. input device). As my FAI is providing
>TV-broadcast through a RTSP server, I'm working on such interface
>with the help
>of LiveMedia library.

[...]

>Steps 1-6 seem to work OK, even the last playing call but I don't know how to
>get the TS data through a file descriptor.

You don't.  If your incoming TS data is coming from a RTSP stream,
then it will be coming in on a LIVE555 "MediaSource" object - in your
case "subsession->readSource()".  To receive this data, you must feed
it to a "MediaSink" object, and call sink->startPlaying().  See the
"openRTSP" code ("playCommon.cpp") for examples of this; "openRTSP"
uses "FileSink" objects to store the incoming data.

I.e., you must write an appropriate "MediaSink" object to handle the
incoming TS data.  (However, if you plan to just store this in a
file, then you can use most of the "openRTSP" code as is.  Or, you
can just run "openRTSP" with the "-v" option, to get the incoming TS
data written to 'stdout'.)