[Live-devel] ReceivingInterfaceAddr

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Jan 30 12:59:42 PST 2007

>So main question: what am I not understanding about Receiving- and
>SendingInterfaceAddr?  Shouldn't it be OK to set the ReceivingInterfaceAddr
>in openRTSP and still read from a multicast?

Yes, but only if multicast traffic actually uses the interface in
question.  To check this, run
	netstat -r -n
and look to see which interface has a route for 224.*.  This is the
only interface on which you'll be able to receive multicast traffic.
(If it's also your default interface, then you shouldn't need to set
"ReceivingInterfaceAddr" at all.)