[Live-devel] MPEG4 Audio

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Jul 5 02:42:05 PDT 2007

>I saw there are implemented classes to stream MPEG4 Audio based on RFC3016
>(MPEG4LATMAudioRTPSink, MPEG4LATMAudioRTPSource). What kind of session may I
>use to create an on-demand service of this audio?

You would need to write your own
"MPEG4LATMAudioFileServerMediaSubsession" class.  This should be easy
to do (just use one of the existing "*FleServerMediaSubsession"
classes as a model).

>  Using this classes could I
>stream a MPEG4 elementary audio stream based on RFC3640?

No, for RFC3640 audio streaming you would use the existing
"ADTSAudioFileServerMediaSubsession" (and "ADTSAudioFileSource")
classes.  Note that the "live555MediaServer" application, and the
demo "testOnDemandRTSPServer" application already stream ADTS-format
MPEG-4 audio files using RFC3640.