[Live-devel] Trick play problem ...

Massimo Zito zmax.linkedin at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 09:55:18 PDT 2007

Hi everyone,

I have a problem in trick play mode to play a TS resource by an RTSP session

I have modified openRTSP to send PLAY with scale = 2.0 and I have realized
that timestamps are always the same value ....

After a deep study I have realized that:

When MPEG2TransportFileServerMediaSubsession receive a setStreamScale,
ClientTrickPlayState change framer source in
MPEG2TransportStreamFromESSource.

Doing this, MPEG2TransportStreamFromESSource has InputESSourceRecord that
calculate presentation time and remember it in afterGettingFrame1 function

I think that is correct to assign presentationTime to
fParent.fPresentationTime ( related to MPEG2TransportStreamFromESSource )

Doing this I can see correct timestamps ...

Is this work correct ?

Regards

Massimo Zito