[Live-devel] MPEG2TransportStreamRTPSource and testMPEG2TSreceiver: not quite right...

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Jul 6 13:04:05 PDT 2007

>Ross, I used a SimpleRTPSource::createNew(envir(), rtpGroupsock, 33,
>90000, "video/MP2T", 0, False);
>source as you suggested, but with 33 as my payload type ( I believe
>this is what you meant).

Yes - sorry.

>   This worked right off the bat, but playing my captured stream back
>out to RTP and then playing the stream in VLC, I get a lot of
>intermittent video freezing, especially when my video (playing on
>loop) repeats at the beginning.

Note that when MPEG Transport Stream data is streamed, its contents
are not modified at all.  Therefore, the data that you receive (using
either a RTSP client, or your "testMPEG2TransportStreamReceiver"
application) should be exactly the same as the original, provided
that you don't encounter packet loss.

Therefore, if you have trouble playing the received video, but not
the original source video, then you are probably seeing packet loss.
You may be able to overcome this by increasing your OS's socket
reception buffer.  (Enter "LIVE555 increaseReceiveBufferTo" into a
search engine.)