[Live-devel] MPEG2TransportStreamRTPSource and testMPEG2TSreceiver: not quite right...

Russell Brennan rjbrennn at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 11:20:27 PDT 2007

Thanks,

I get the following errors while playing the RTP stream via VLC...
libdvbpsi error (PSI decoder): TS discontinuity (received 0, expected 5) for
PID 0
libdvbpsi error (PSI decoder): TS discontinuity (received 0, expected 5) for
PID 66

But I think this discontinuity occurs due to my video restarting at the
beginning.  I get no errors or warnings other than those, either playing my
file or playing the RTP stream.  While the video is frozen, I can see that
RTP packets are being sent.  Whether it is the fault of VLC that the video
is freezing or if the RTP packets are malformed is beyond me.  Is there a
way that I can check the RTP packets to verify that their structure and
header info is correct?  Thanks,

Russell

On 7/6/07, Shishir Birmiwal <shishir at birmiwal.net> wrote:

> Russell,
>

> > Ross, I used a SimpleRTPSource::createNew(envir(), rtpGroupsock, 33,
> > 90000, "video/MP2T", 0, False);
> > source as you suggested, but with 33 as my payload type ( I believe this
> > is what you meant).  This worked right off the bat, but playing my captured
> > stream back out to RTP and then playing the stream in VLC, I get a lot of
> > intermittent video freezing, especially when my video (playing on loop)
> > repeats at the beginning.  However, using VLC to save this stream to file
> > yields perfect playback when I open it up later in VLC.
> >

> You may want to look at (or share) the debug messages generated by VLC. I
> get the picture that you are streaming the TS file out over RTP and then
> using VLC as a client. If you play back the captured stream (TS file) as a
> "file" in VLC, do you get the same kind of errors? This may help you isolate
> the fault. If you do get similar errors, then you may want to share the TS
> stream or the errors reported.
>
> Hope that helps.
>
> Cheers
> Shishir