[Live-devel] using live555 library as a streaming server

Wei Yutao wyt-1981 at 163.com
Mon Jul 9 02:32:52 PDT 2007

Hi everyone,

I want to use live555 streaming Media library as a streaming server and I

have serveral questions:

(1) Can the live555 library be used in a practical application, for example, a

VoD system, as a streaming server? Can the streaming server runstably for normal use?

(2) I know that currently the server can stream mpeg-4 elementary stream

and want to know further:

    a) do the company  have the plan to make the library support  streaminga mpeg-4 file including audio and video;

    b) is it possible for myself to modify  the code to make it have this

       functionality? If it is possible, what should I do?

Thank you very much.

--------
Austin