[Live-devel] using live555 library as a streaming server

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Jul 9 06:56:08 PDT 2007

>(1) Can the live555 library be used in a practical application, for example, a
>
>VoD system, as a streaming server? Can the streaming server run
>stably for normal use?

Of course.  For example, our "LIVE555 Media Server" application:
http://www.live555.com/mediaServer/

>(2) I know that currently the server can stream mpeg-4 elementary stream
>
>and want to know further:
>
>     a) do the company  have the plan to make the library support  streaming
>a mpeg-4 file including audio and video;

Yes, but there I can't estimate when this might be available.

>     b) is it possible for myself to modify  the code

Of course.  This code is Open Source.

ps. Please don't ever send the same email to the mailing list more
than once.  This is your last warning.