[Live-devel] RTSP Player Client

Li, Chen Chen.Li2 at boeing.com
Mon Jul 9 14:02:26 PDT 2007

Hi,

Does anyone have a recommendation on what to use to test/utilize "trick"
play functionality?  I have tried VLC but that "cheats" by fast
forwaring within its own buffer whereas I am looking for a client that
will actually use rtsp to send and confirm receipt of the trick play
commands such as fast forward and rewind.

I have tried mplayer as well with little success and it seems to sputter
and crash when there are lost packets while playing a transport stream.

Any recommendations would be really appreciated.

Thanks!