[Live-devel] SDP file of a multiple destination session

Ramon Martin de Pozuelo Genis tl11305 at salle.url.edu
Thu Jul 12 04:00:44 PDT 2007

> You probably shouldn't be using "addDestination()" - that is a
> specialized function used only to implement on-demend unicast
> streaming to multiple clients from a single source.  (Note that, for
> unicast on-demand streams, the SDP description should contain the
> special address 0.0.0.0, not a specific unicast address.)

It's exactly my case, I create a service that streams on broadcast one
description of H.264 SVC and the second description is streaming on-demand
unicast, but I didn't know that SDP should contain 0.0.0.0 to this address,
thank you very much Ross.

> I don't really know what you are trying to do, but I suspect that you
> should just leave the existing code as it is, and use it without
> modification.
> --

Well, I added some classes like my own class dervated from
H264RTPVideoStreamer and some classes that make similar functions to
testMPEG4VideoStreamer, but using my own H.264 source and using UDP commands
from a web service to add and remove sessions from RTSPServer. I want to use 3
types of services: broadcast H.264 service (all the descriptions), on demand
H.264 AVC service, the last one that I commented above. All the existing code
is not modificated, only my added classes. But if you are interested in it I
could share with you my project. There are some universities of europe
involved and I'm doing the playout part (videoserver) and some partners of my
department the web service to control it.

Thanks again Ross for all your attention,

Ramon