[Live-devel] trick play errors - possible diagnosis

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Jul 18 12:00:42 PDT 2007

>Mainly, what I'm saying is that the live555 trick play code may be
>correct, and VLC just can't handle the generated ts streams properly

Maybe, but note that Transport Stream files from other sources don't
seem to have this problem.  If your hypothesis is correct, then there
is something special (strange) about your Transport Stream files that
are causing this problem.  If that's the case, then you should look
into whether your Transport Streams really are compliant.

In any case, I'll stop looking into your problem for now, unless I
hear word back from you that there really is a problem with the
LIVE555 code, rather than with your Transport Stream data.