[Live-devel] openRTSP-recording both audio and video?

Cristaldi Ambra Ambra.Cristaldi at elsagdatamat.com
Fri Jul 27 05:31:20 PDT 2007

Hi Ross,

First of all, thanks for having answered to my last email.

I have another question to make: can openRTSP record ".mp4" multiple
Elementary Streams files (i.e. with audio and video), or just ".m4e"
Elementary Stream files (with only audio or video, not both)?

In fact, I still don't understand if, using openRTSP application, I can
both record audio and video signals, and save it as ".mp4".

I read in documentation that we can set the appropriate flags: "-v" to
play only video stream, "-a" to play only the audio stream, or "-y" to
synchronize audio and video tracks (at the moment, unfortunately, I have
no camera to record audio track, so I can't do any tests, right now. I
hope I will soon).

So, I've played the OpenRTSP with these parameters:  "-4 -e90 TLC-url >
FileName.mp4"

to stream from an AXIS Camera (without audio, only video) and I've
recorded the stream into that ".mp4" file (the flag -4 means that I
build an mp4 container, doesn't it?). Then, using the test-program
"live555MediaServer.exe", I've streamed it through my LAN and received
it with a VLC RTSP Client. And it works.

So, this is my doubt: as you told me that Live555 streams only m4e
files, I think that OpenRTSP save the stream only in a *m4e* format. Is
it right? Or does it work only because I've used an *audioless* camera?

Thanks a lot,

Ambra Cristaldi