[Live-devel] openRTSP Subsession Destruction

xcsmith at rockwellcollins.com xcsmith at rockwellcollins.com
Fri Jun 1 15:34:52 PDT 2007

I am looking at the source testProgs/playCommon.cpp, in particular the
shutdown() and afterPlaying() functions.
Does calling Medium::close(subsession->sink) call the subsession
destructor also?  This is what the comment says in
subsessionAfterPlaying().
I set a breakpoint on MediaSubsession::~MediaSubsession() and it does not
get called.  Are these cleared some other way, or don't they need to be
cleared?

./openRTSP -V rtsp://10.145.223.24:8554/incredibles.ts

Ross Finlayson 1/14/07:
Generally speaking, you should destroy objects in the opposite order from
that in which they were created.  Also, subclasses of "Medium" are
destroyed using  "Medium::close()", whereas "Groupsock" objects are
destroyed using "delete".  (This is historical ugliness...)

Thx! (And thank you very much for helping me with ReceivingInterfaceAddr!)
Xochitl