[Live-devel] how to use live555 as a RTP server

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Jun 5 23:48:21 PDT 2007

>Can any one tell me how to use live555MediaServer to transmit the
>media file through RTP (i.e without using any RTSP messages ) .

The "live555MediaServer" can't do this; it's a RTSP server.

However, you should look at the various demo applications in the
"testProgs" directory (in the "LIVE555 Streaming Media" software).
There are several applications there - called "test*Streamer" - that
stream via RTP, in some cases without a built-in RTSP server.