[Live-devel] multiple audio stream w/Live555 Media Server

Ken Hilliard ken.hilliard at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 00:44:24 PDT 2007

I downloaded and installed the Linux version of live555MediaServer into a
directory on Ubuntu. I copied my mpegts files in that directory and started
streaming videos with a single audio track via an Amino 125 STB. The video
was h.264 and the audio aac. I used the Amino's javascript play function (
AVMedia.Play), passing it the url "rtsp://192.168.2.5:8554/test.ts" to
stream and play the video. At this point everything's OK. Then I added video
files with 2 audio streams. There seems to be only 1 audio stream
received--at least as reported by the Amino STB. Also the reported audio pid
is not the same value that is in the mpegts source file. To verify the
mpegts file's correctness I used a media player to play the video and could
select either audio streams. I also used an mpeg editor to verify the pes
and stream ids.

Is there something special I must do to stream multiple audio streams?  Does
live555MediaServer output logging that would provide diagnostic information?
Is there a simple command line tool that could be used to connect to the
RTSP server and report the available streams. BTW: I'm a newbie.

                       thx