[Live-devel] Possible Patches, any interest?

xcsmith at rockwellcollins.com xcsmith at rockwellcollins.com
Fri Jun 8 17:40:17 PDT 2007

Ross and Community:

I am trying to clean up my code in preparation for release.  Would there
be any interest in having the following items granted back to the library?
Thanks for your consideration!
Xochitl

Class NPTClock:
        A class used by RTSPClient child class which receives the
RTP-time, sequence number, npt start, and scale from the RTSP PLAY
response and uses this information to provide the current NPT.  The clock
would be updated each successful PLAY request and could be queried at any
time in the PLAYING state to report an estimated NPT based on the RTSP
info and the system time.  Session up-time is also available.

Class RTSPClientEnhanced (couldn't think of a very good name):
inherited publicly from RTSPClient (RTSPClient was modified)
uses the NPTClock class to be able to report an estimated NPT at any time
during the session
allows user to select whether or not to perform TCP teardown after each
RTSP message (I know the LIVE server doesn't support these clients)
defaults to connection-oriented operation
provides accessor function which returns the RTSP Server response code to
the application for potentially more refined error handling.

Patch to RTSPClient
support inherited RTSP Clients
added optional timeout for waiting on RTSP Server responses.  defaults to
infinite blocking.
when setting the transport parameters, multicast parameter is delivered
with "port" instead of "client_port" when built with
RTSP_ALLOW_CLIENT_DESTINATION_SETTING. Both multicast and unicast
parameters can be requested.
SET_PARAMETER message creation altered to match option-tags specified in
RFC2326