[Live-devel] (no subject)

rossellafortuna RossellaFortuna at libero.it
Fri Jun 8 11:25:51 PDT 2007

Hi Ross,

I've just read this mail [http://lists.live555.com/pipermail/live-devel/2007-February/006237.html]and
I wander in discovering my work of thesis is very similar to the project you were working on.
I'm trying to create a streaming system H.264/avc SVC on RTP/UDP, and I already thank you for (indirectly) suggesting me to use live555 libs with VLC server..

However I had another little complication:
I should implement a kind of bandwidth rate control, by sending the base layer to a given equation-based rate Rb, changing with a function of packets in the reciever buffer, and num of on-fly packets.
In order to set enhancement layer bit-rate (for now I suppose I have only 1 FGS enhancement layer) I should implement tfrc because the rate of enhancement layer is Rtrfc - Rb;

Now:

1) What kind of protocols should I use for tfrc bandwidth calculation? (a kind of RTP/RTCP? DCCP (but it's only unicast)? AVPF/RTP?)

2) Does lib555 allow me to extract all the parameters I need for rate control? Does it support tfrc?

3) In conjuction with tfrc, what kind of rtp packetization (SSRC multiplexing or multiple-rtp streams) is better to use for the different layers?

It's my first mail, please treat me well ;)... and excuse my english!!

I already thank you for any kind of help

Regards

Rossella