[Live-devel] vobStreamer questions

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Jun 15 07:52:32 PDT 2007

>I would like to know how vobStreamer respectively MPEG1or2VideoRTP
>Source encapsulate the VideoStream from a DVD into the RTP Packets.
>Does it extract the Elementary Streams from the Program stream and
>pack the Elementary streams according to RFC2250?

Yes, except that the *audio* stream - being AC-3 rather than MPEG
audio - is sent using a different RTP payload format (which, in fact,
does not currently conform to the IETF standard RFC for AC-3 RTP
streams; that code will need to be updated).

>Why does Wireshark identify the RTP packets as MPEG-1?

I don't know; you'll have to ask the author of "Wireshark".