[Live-devel] response to VOD server

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Jun 15 07:59:51 PDT 2007

>1) Whether response is send to the server after every data packet
>received

Are you asking if a RTSP/RTP client sends back a 'response' to the
server after every incoming RTP packet that it receives??  Most
definitely not.  The only thing that clients send back to the server
are occasional RTCP Reception Report ("RR") packets, and RTSP
commands (like "TEARDOWN", to end the stream).

>2) Whether openRTSP can handle TS+H264+MPEG1l2 combo in trick play mode

The "openRTSP" client application does not support 'trick mode'
operations at all.

>3)Can I control the VOD server data streaming rate as my buffer is
>getting overflowed because my server Is sending data at a faster rate
>than what is being consumed , inspite of maintaing a 10MB of Circular
>buffer my data is
>Getting overflowed, by any means can I control the rate at which server
>is
>Streaming the data.

Are you talking about *our* RTSP server implementation?  If so, then
our server implementation streams data at its natural rate (on
average).

You seem very onfused about lots of things...