[Live-devel] Buffered MPEG2-TS to RTP how-to

Russell Brennan rjbrennn at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 14:10:26 PDT 2007

Hello,

I am trying to take a buffer of MPEG2-TS data which is constantly written
to, and hook it up to live555 for output via RTP.  I am currently basing my
work on the testMEPG2TransportStreamer code, but obviously this was designed
to stream a file.
My current idea is not really panning out, due to the fact that I am
apparently confused...  ByteStreamFileSource is used in the test program,
but it seems that I will need to use a different type of source.  Is there
an existing MediaSource that will work, or will I need to create my own?

Also, MPEG2TransportStreamFramer is used as the videosource to
videoSink->startPlaying . This would seem to still be valid for what I am
doing, correct?

Lastly, doEventLoop seems to continuously call SingleStep(), and from what I
can make of this function, it seems that in some way this is where the data
to be sent out is packaged and sent.  Assuming that I get acknowledgement
each time my buffer is ready to be sent out, can I simply call SingleStep()
each time I have data to send?

I hope I was clear enough... Thanks in advance!

--
Russell Brennan